Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Spring Means New Skorts!

One thing that I dread each new season with 4 children is the need for new clothes. Shopping for a family of 6 can add up very quickly! So when I'm able to go through my stash and whip up a new outfit that one of my children love it's a great day!


Take this cuteness of a scrap of fabric I found in my stash and combine it with this fantastic skort pattern  on Peekaboo Patterns and you get a very happy mommy and an ecstatic Audrey.


The pattern was super simple and her tutorial pictures are easy to follow. 


I don't work with knits very often, mainly because my sewing machine doesn't seem to like them. But I found this perfectly coordinating piece of pink knit in a bag of scraps someone had given me. I'm super pleased with how the shorts look!


I will admit that my seam allowance was slightly off on attaching the waistband. I needed a smaller width elastic than called for.


The shirt is also from some knit scrap I had. I didn't use a pattern. I drafted my one from a tshirt Audrey wears often. I also added a slight flutter sleeve.


And of course every photo shoot ends with at least one silly picture.


Now time to get back to work designing and filling custom orders. 

But I might need to take another break and make a few more of these skorts for my girly girl tomboy!


No comments:

Post a Comment