Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Back in Full Force

Over the years I have always crafted.  I love to blog and I have shared that love of handmade goodies here.  But since our youngest child was born I have found that the balance between family, church, and working cut into my time for crafting and blogging.

Recently I have been blessed with a few weeks to spend at home with our preschooler.  Of course that includes creativity and crafting.  In my search for the perfect beanie for this winter I came across this wonderful chevron pattern at Siouxsie Stitches.

I found some Simply Soft in my stash and knitted up this little beauty.

Then I got creative.  The beanie fit my 17 year old son almost perfectly.  So tweak the basic hat pattern a little bit and then I decided to create my own chart.

We are in the midst of marching band season here (aka football season) and my older two children are proud members of The Red Regiment.  I happened to have a digital copy of our logo and voila.....
This happened!

So then of course my son wears my new beanie.  (I did make it for me by the way) and tells everyone he is advertising.  So from one simple beanie because I was bored I have created so far this pile of goodies.

I have done custom charts and knitted more in the last week than I have had time for in years!

And I'm loving it!!!!!  So I'm enjoying the ride. 

Here are a few more pics of my crazy creative week.   




Have a great week and Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment