Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hello Kitty

My 9 year old loves all things Hello Kitty so when I walked into my LQS as they were packing up for the Smoky Mountain Quiltfest I could not resist the new stock.  
They had this adorable panel that my little girl just fell in love with.

Her birthday was just a couple weeks later so I had to get busy.


I squared the edges of the panel and added a simple double border with cornerstones.

The cornerstones are a square in square design.








I had to try my hand at another pieced back and came up with this belt buckle design.  I love how it mimics the cornerstones on the front.



I quilted it with a simple diagonal strip about 2.5 inches apart.



The look on my daughter's face was priceless.  I was flying pretty high until when we started taking pictures for this post.  Then my 12 year old decided she was going to steal the coordinating pillowcase I made.


We recovered it, broke up arguments and now are back to the enjoyment of a successfully crafted gift.

Have any of you crafted the perfect gift for a loved one?  Share in the comments.  I would love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment