Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Crafting

If you're anything like me this time of year becomes a blur of Christmas crafting around all the seasonal events.   Last Saturday, the family was invited to a casual Christmas get together.  We were all asked to bring a finger food so I of course got busy baking.  Well, baking and candymaking.

I put together a tin of some of my favorite sweets to share.

These are Oreo truffles, peanut butter chocolate chip balls, and a copycat recipe of Christie Cookies famous oatmeal raisin cookies.

YUM!!!!!

But of course I couldn't just leave it at that.  I just had to have a hostess gift too.  So did I run out to W---- in order to pick up a random gift.  Of course not!   That's not what a over ambitious crafter does for a gift, now is it?

Instead I dug into my stash of cotton yarn and knit a couple of my new favorite quick knits.  



The dishcloth is vortex.   It looks so intricate.  When I finished and showed it to a friend, her response was, "It looks like a knitted quilt!!!!!"  I couldn't agree more.

The scrubbies are tribbles.   Such an easy knit and instant gratification too.  I'm working on more of these for gifts throughout the Christmas season.

I also included a loaf of my cranberry nut bread and a jar of cranberry relish.

I took all these homemade treasures and placed them in a basket that I had picked up at the dollar store.



I was pleased with the results.


Now after this time of procrastination by blogging I must return to my regularly scheduled Christmas crafting bonanza.

But before I leave I feel the need to give you a glimpse at my oldest daughter's reaction to a Christmas gift from a friend.



Have a very Merry Christmas!  And remember to take time to enjoy the little things this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment